ACCENTS AND CULTURE
An accent isn't just some series of sound substitutions, it's a reflection of a person's education, family, occupation, heritage...
An accent represents a person's CULTURE.
Here are some tips for learning about other cultures:
1) ONLINE NEWS SOURCES
- Subscribe to newspapers
- Visit websites with info. on:
2) SOCIAL MEDIA
You can find people from all around the world on the major social platforms!
- Search for notable people within the culture
3) ASK QUESTIONS ONLINE
Be on the hunt for local communities and forums that are open to conversation
- Questions to ask:
- What's daily life like?
- What are the current events?
- What are the major holidays?
1) Never give away any personal contact info.
2) Be respectful when asking questions, and research what you'd like to say first
Search for videos with a specific subject in mind:
- Gender norms