BECOME YOUR OWN DIALECT COACH!
The accent study guide is a unique resource designed expressly for high school theater productions. Each accent study guide is custom-build for a specific play or musical, and it includes:
- A brief cultural and geographical background of the accent
- A breakdown of the accent including major sound changes, pitch-patterns, and other defining characteristics
- Recordings of WORDS FROM THE SCRIPT, and practice sentences to go along with them
- Detailed information on how to approach the show's accent from start to finish
- Rehearsal tools, tips, and exercises
- Links to authentic resources and other useful information
The accent study guide can be used during rehearsal with the entire cast, OR as a self-guided program for the individual actor.
You'll have everything you need in order to BECOME YOUR OWN DIALECT COACH!
Accent Study Guides are currently available for the following shows:
- Guys & Dolls
- Noises Off
- Steel Magnolias
- The Music Man
- Peter Pan
- Mary Poppins
- Beauty and the Beast
- The Little Mermaid
- Little Shop of Horrors
- The 39 Steps
- Peter and the Starcatcher
Interested in having me create an Accent Study Guide for your show? Let me know--your school can be the first! (Please allow up to two weeks for delivery.)
To ORDER the accent study guide:
- I recommend ordering your guide at least one month prior to the start of rehearsals--this gives you and your cast plenty of time to work with the material.
- If you're requesting a brand new accent study guide (not from the list of shows above), please allow up to two weeks.
- Rates vary depending on the show--please CONTACT me for more information