BECOME YOUR OWN DIALECT COACH!
The accent study guide is a unique resource designed expressly for high school theater productions. Each accent study guide is custom-build for a specific play or musical, and it includes:
- A brief cultural and geographical background of the accent
- A breakdown of the accent including major sound changes, pitch-patterns, and other defining characteristics
- Recordings of WORDS FROM THE SCRIPT, and practice sentences to go along with them
- Detailed information on how to approach the show's accent from start to finish
- Rehearsal tools, tips, and exercises
- Links to authentic resources and other useful information
The accent study guide can be used during rehearsal with the entire cast, OR as a self-guided program for the individual actor.
You'll have everything you need in order to BECOME YOUR OWN DIALECT COACH!
Popular accent study guides include:
Shrek, Mary Poppins, Newsies, Steel Magnolias, A Christmas Carol, The 39 Steps, Noises Off, Arsenic & Old Lace,
Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Guys & Dolls, Hello Dolly!, Little Shop of Horrors, The Miracle Worker,
Peter and the Starcatcher, Pride & Prejudice, and Spamalot.
Is your show not on this list? Let me know and I'll make one for your production!
To ORDER the accent study guide:
- I recommend ordering your guide at least one month prior to the start of rehearsals--this gives you and your cast plenty of time to work with the material.
- If you're requesting a brand new accent study guide (not from the list of shows above), please allow up to two weeks.
(add $100 for each additional accent)